MELBOURNE – Saturday 26 August 2017 – For more than fifty years THE TEMPTATIONS have prospered, propelling popular music with a series of smash hits, and sold-out performances throughout the world. Today they are considered one of the most successful groups in music history.
Better known as “the Emperors of Soul”, THE TEMPTATIONS are coming to the SOFITEL MELBOURNE ON COLLINS hotel in December 2017. They will be headlining the re-launch of the Dinner/Cabaret season bringing their unique blend of voices and blade-sharp choreography. Their credits include thirty-seven Top 40 hits, including fifteen Top 10 hits which have included the Smokey Robinson written-and-produced “The Way You Do The Things You Do”, “My Girl”, “Since I Lost My Baby”, “Ain’t Too Proud To Beg”, “Cloud Nine”, “Get Ready”, “Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)”, “Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone” and many other notables.
It is truly “the best of world-class entertainment in a cabaret setting”, CLIVE SCOTT, General Manager SOFITEL said. “Dinner, drinks and a show from some of the best in the world when it comes to entertainment”. Tickets will go on sale on Monday 28th August, 2017.
“I’m sure many Melburnians will remember the fantastic Ballroom Cabarets that were held in the 70’s and 80’s – SOFITEL is bringing back this exciting entertainment style, Dinner service is followed by world-class entertainment in an intimate setting. Some of the best entertainers in the world close up and personal”, CLIVE SCOTT noted.
THE CABARET DINNER & SHOW DATES AND TIMES
Wednesday 13th to Saturday 16th December, 2017
SOFITEL GRAND BALLROOM
6.30pm (Dinner) 8.30pm (Showtime)
* The history of THE TEMPTATIONS is the history of contemporary American pop. They were an essential component of the original Motown machine, invented by Berry Gordy.
* THE TEMPTATIONS began their musical life in Detroit in the early sixties. It wasn’t until 1964 however, that the Smokey Robinson written-and-produced “The Way You Do the things You Do” turned the guys into stars.
* An avalanche of hits followed, many of which…”My Girl,” for instance…attained immortality. “It’s Growing,” “Since I Lost My Baby;,” “Get Ready,” “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg,” “Beauty Is only Skin Deep”, “I Wish It Would Rain”…and the hits kept coming.
* Beyond the fabulous singing, THE TEMPTATIONS became known for smooth stepping and flawless presentations. “The Temptations Walk” became a staple of American style. Flair, flash and class. Millions of fans saw them as cultural heroes.
* In the eighties, THE TEMPTATIONS prevailed with smash-hits such as the Otis Williams’ penned “Treat Her Like A Lady.”
And so THE TEMPTATIONS go on…….and on…..and on……..
Sofitel, World Class Hotels & French Elegance
Sofitel is the only French luxury hotel brand with a presence on five continents with 120 addresses, in almost 40 countries (more than 30,000 rooms). Sofitel offers contemporary hotels and resorts adapted to today’s more demanding and more versatile consumers who expect and appreciate beauty, quality and excellence. Whether situated in the heart of a major city like Paris, London, New York, Shanghai or Beijing, or nestled away in a country landscape in Morocco, Egypt, French Polynesia or Thailand, each Sofitel property offers a genuine experience of the French “art de vivre”.
Monday 5 February 2017 - Ladies and gentlemen, the tennis is over. What’s next I hear you say...? Valentine’s Day and you don’t want to do any double faults on this occasion. Luckily Sofitel Melbourne On Collins...
Sofitel’s Merry Cocktails Bring Festive Cheer 16 November 2017 - Sofitel Melbourne On Collins adds a kick to the festive season, serving up a series of ‘Merry Cocktails’ packed full of nostalgic Christmas flavours and...
Monday 7 August 2017 - This spring, the country’s leading fashionistas will flock to Melbourne to experience the never-before-seen The House of Dior: Seventy Years of Haute Couture exhibition at the National Gallery Victoria’s...